H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Hummer Professional

rocketw19 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow i just got my 06 sut back from the supercharger shop and you guys said they were fun but didnt say how much fun. my question is i have the stock program from magnuson. i dont realy like the shift firmness did you guys go and change with the stock tuner or did you get a new program? also is a softer **** better for the tranny life(im guessin yes??) or would the firm have a big difference? thanks.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Hummer Professional

rocketw19 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow i just got my 06 sut back from the supercharger shop and you guys said they were fun but didnt say how much fun. my question is i have the stock program from magnuson. i dont realy like the shift firmness did you guys go and change with the stock tuner or did you get a new program? also is a softer **** better for the tranny life(im guessin yes??) or would the firm have a big difference? thanks.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

Planohummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quicker, firmer shift=less heat buildup=easier on trans=harder on driveshaft, xfer case, axles.
Can't speak for new programming, but I'd guess Magnuson has the time invested for calibrating the rest of the drivetrain to the blower.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

with the added power the torque management that tuner removed will save Your tranny. You could lighten it up but, the long smooth shifts Your use to will be worse with boost and what that slow shift is, bands slipping. The more and longer they slip the sooner the tranny is gone.

I recomend to leave it alone and You can control the shift making it milder with Your foot. Just do not go so much towards WOT and it will shift smoother. You should be able to lift off the pedal a little while taking off and make it shift when you want. Should be less violent.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 01-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Plano beat Me to it. I'm assuming that You have a superchips which comes with them or at least mine did. They should have a new tune in them from a new company allowing superchips to use their tuning. Long Long story but, Magnuson was not happy with the tune they had been getting and My sponsor was to take and provide the tune for the superchargers from the tuning they wrote with an agreement that My sponsor got some proprietory info from the superchips tuner owned by MSD so the tuner could tune for some vehicles that MSD had patent on some certain vehicle or something in that area.

I do not use the superchips I have because it would not let me change anything. Just hook it and download and it did not remove the torque managment, did not allow me to adjust for tire height. It was worhtless compared to the new tune that should be on the superchips handheld you got. I may be expecting it to soon but, I thought it was to happen 1/1/06.

TAZ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Planohummer:
Quicker, firmer shift=less heat buildup=easier on trans=harder on driveshaft, xfer case, axles.
Can't speak for new programming, but I'd guess Magnuson has the time invested for calibrating the rest of the drivetrain to the blower. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 01-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ:
with the added power the torque management that tuner removed will save Your tranny. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Taz,

I'm not sure I understood that. Please explain that to me. On every supercharged car I've had, we removed the torque management to make the car shift harder and faster.

However, the trade-off is always shorter transmission life... that's why GM put the TM program into effect.

So how did the tuner save his tranny by removing the torque management program?

Thanks,

Mark