H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-11-2003, 09:13 PM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

Well talked to dealer today, they are not going to work with me like I thought that they would. So I have two options:
1: Keep this rattle trap and take it to the shop everytime that it has an issue and let it drive me mad and keep making gillion dollar a month H2 payments, or
2: I can get a new GMC Crew Cab 2500HD with Diesel that is loaded for about 45K and then after rebates, other incentives and some help from a friend I would pay about 38K for it and my payment would go down to nothing. Not to mention that I will have a vehicle that I can haul stuff and use more..

So now I have a delemia and need to sleep on it, dealer is suppose to call me tomorrow and give me the scoop on a new truck... So we shall see...

INPUT????? Could use it about now....
Old 08-11-2003, 09:13 PM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

Well talked to dealer today, they are not going to work with me like I thought that they would. So I have two options:
1: Keep this rattle trap and take it to the shop everytime that it has an issue and let it drive me mad and keep making gillion dollar a month H2 payments, or
2: I can get a new GMC Crew Cab 2500HD with Diesel that is loaded for about 45K and then after rebates, other incentives and some help from a friend I would pay about 38K for it and my payment would go down to nothing. Not to mention that I will have a vehicle that I can haul stuff and use more..

So now I have a delemia and need to sleep on it, dealer is suppose to call me tomorrow and give me the scoop on a new truck... So we shall see...

INPUT????? Could use it about now....
Old 08-11-2003, 09:33 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

uh, your sig line under your user name says it all...

*member of the "No Hummer Krew"*
Old 08-11-2003, 09:35 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

How many days has it been in the shop since you purchased it? Call your service department and tell them that you need the information for your attorney RIGHT NOW! Don't let them tell you that they'll call you tomorrow either. Most likely the GM will have a little bird flying into his office right after that.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:39 PM

H2Norcal is off the scale

DRTYFN, Call it funny, ironic, not sure, but I traded in a 02 GMC 2500 HD 4X4 Crew Cab truck (well actually I gave it to the dealer ) for my H2. It was almost brand new (15k miles) fully loaded and you know what.... that truck rattled, leaked from the back window and passenger door seals, and the rear end was a whiner, oh my gosh, it would clunk everytime I stopped and started again and whine on the highway like I was whoopin' on it. They would never admit there was a problem. It was always, "couldn't duplicate customer's complaint".

Before that I had a new 01 Dodge 3/4 Ton 4x4 Quad cab, brand new. Piece of junk, road like a tank and had engine problems out of the box (factory "forgot" to install the thermostat in the gooseneck, oops, can you say overcooling damage). Good bye Dodge HD trucks.

So my point is, Hummer definitely has its work cutout. It is trying to push up stream with an American made luxury off-road vehicle that is not the same caliber most who can afford it expect. Not to say the H2 is not well built, it is just a first year vehicle and it will take some time to smooth it out. I love mine. I use it as it was designed. In fact it probably has more off-road miles (or miles going to get off-road) than it does driving anywhere else. Some would say that if you bought it purely to drive around town or to commute in, you bought the wrong vehicle. I have one pestering rattle that is a signature passenger folding seat vibration GM has with the all of their Suburbans, Tahoes, Yukons and guess what, the full size crew cab truck you are considering. Drove me crazy and I got the dang set-up again. I live with it.

So you do what you have to but you need to clear your head and the emotion of being mad at your dealer and understand that nothing else you buy in this range of vehicle will be all that different. I buy American trucks and SUVs every other year for tax reasons and you will rarely find perfection. I will say my Dodge Durango has been the best SUV I have ever purchased. But that is a different class vehicle. Y

You need to run this as far up the flag pole as you can. Bad press is the fear of all companies and they are in the middle of brand-building.

Good luck.

PS. My cure for all rattles is that wazoo stereo we have man. Your cab is far too quiet if you are hearing all these noises.......
Old 08-11-2003, 11:54 PM

Kevin W is off the scale

Badrap,

Have you spoken to an attorney yet? I wouldn't threaten it to the dealership unless its true. They probably have a fairly good idea of the local lemon laws. On the truck decision.....you chose the H2 for a lot of reasons originally maybe it was even chosen over the pick up, so try to think of those again and maybe that will help you make the right decision.

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, and marker bezels.
2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker
Old 08-12-2003, 06:53 AM
Hummer Professional

DURAMAX TIM is off the scale

Badrap,
I've got both the H2 and HD2500.
This is my 6th Duramax and all of the trucks have been great but so has the wife's H2.
U didn't happen to get a spell put on u by chance?
If u get the truck the H2 wheels fit, only can go 285 BFG tires w/o lift.
I like the looks of the GMC way better than the Chevy.
Ex H2&3 owner
My hiking boots and canoe paddle have more miles than most 'offroad' vehicles, over 350 in last year.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:36 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

H2Norcal,
Actually, I really like my dealership - except for the worthless service writer. The people at Hannah Hummer are exceptional and have added to the pleasure of owning an H2.

Where in Northern CA do you live? I go sqirrel & rockchuck shooting and 4xing about 40 miles south of Klamath Falls.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

prplprowlr is off the scale

Remember, the ball is in your court! Don't let them turn it around and you think its not. Go online print out your local lemon laws, highlight them and do excaclty as the law says and document everything and get repair orders from the dealer and when they reached the limit when it's considered a lemon. tell the dealership(owner) not service manager that you are going to your attorney and and are going to go through the litigation process of getting your H2 replaced or full refund!! Bottom line. I speak from experience on my wifes 2001 Yukon she had. My local lemon law(South Carolina) stated that if a vehicle was in the shop for the SAME problem 3 times or more or at a dealership for more than 30 days for the same problem it was considered a lemon. This happened to us and I call GM and had a case opened which they NEVER return your phone call's but told them my Local State Lemon Law said my Car was considered a lemon and I was going the BBB with my Attorney and ask for a hearing with the local GM District Rep. and sure enough with in a week I had my wife's car fully replaced with a brand new one with all the options her previous car had. Good Luck and don't get pushed around!
Old 08-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

I would just take it back every time something came up. Let the Gen'l. Mgr. see your face each time and get to know your name. I think the higher in the food chain you go the better. Hope you get it worked out and are able to stay in an H2, regardless if you have pewter or black. Are there any incentives to look at 2004 H2's?

Check out the OkC Chapter Page!
Old 08-12-2003, 06:07 PM

TJ is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Call your service department and tell them that you need the information for your attorney RIGHT NOW!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Great advice in theory...unfortunately, it's not always that easy. Even with an attorney on your side, they (the dealer/GM/Hummer) are going to fight you tooth and nail.

Case and point: My H2 has been in the shop for over 70 days (and still counting) and my state's lemon law states it qualifies as a lemon if within the first year of ownership: it's in three times for the same problem OR once for any major safety defect OR for any reason if it's in for a total over 30 days...and they're still fighting me. My H2 qualifies on ALL of those accounts, so go figure...I guess it's just a David and Goliath situation...guess who's David and guess who's Goliath
Old 08-12-2003, 07:46 PM

Drag is off the scale

Well, I've never had the experience with a lemon, but I would second getting a copy of your state's lemon laws. Spend a day or so to go over it, and then call GM's Customer Assistance. They're the ones to talk to, I suppose. Document who you talk to, and what was said.

Just remember that the representative on the other end won't be able to do a buyback on their own, they just answer phones. From what I understand, it has to get kicked up the chain of command. I used to work in the tech support field, and I know that us schmucks on the other end of the phone can't do sh*t without at least 3 managers, a VP and the VP's dog saying OK.

Now, deep breaths, wax on, wax off, drtyfn-san. Do what you gotta do, and I hope it works out OK for ya.

Corvette= "The ability to pass with class"