H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

geeroy10 is on a distinguished road
Default More Hummer Hat

http://ucsaction.org/campaign/8_21_0...=idAvu691QzfSW

seriously these people need a life and a better paying job.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road
Default Re: More Hummer Hate

And when McDonalds switches to a new toy on Sept 1st, they will all think it was their emails and petitions that made McDonalds change it.

I wonder if other car manufacturers will realize that by putting one of their vehicles in toy form in a happy meal for 27 days, they will get all the kids ages 5-10 or whatever it is, worldwide, that will purchase the equivalent vehicle when they turn 16. McDonalds need to charge more for advertising!
Old 08-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Hummer Professional

31_bandits is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dеiтайожни
And when McDonalds switches to a new toy on Sept 1st, they will all think it was their emails and petitions that made McDonalds change it.

I wonder if other car manufacturers will realize that by putting one of their vehicles in toy form in a happy meal for 27 days, they will get all the kids ages 5-10 or whatever it is, worldwide, that will purchase the equivalent vehicle when they turn 16. McDonalds need to charge more for advertising!

to infinity!

exactly! they railed against H2s during strong sales for years, and then rush forward to take credit when they fall a bit.

thats the brilliance of propaganda - it isn't constrained by reality.

in this case i think mcd's realized kids love humemrs, hence...
Old 08-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter plays with Polly Pockets before
baseball practice and forgets how to catch a line drive.

That's dangerous!!!!!

Polly should be banned!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

rusty is off the scale

i think to many people ignore all the new arctic territory which will become reasonably habitable with global warming, plus the additional fresh water we will generate - should help ease global overpopulation which is the ultimate warmer
Old 08-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

rusty is off the scale

...and where would all the huggers be without hummer to focus on??? --lost with no direction, they would lose interest and direction, become disorganized and become even more impotent and "irrelevant"

I recall the very marginal fuss when Ford introduced the Excursion - lasted about 1 month, then total apathy - the car lacked the ability to captivate people the way a hummer does.

H owners are ,therefore, actually helping to correct the problem for which they are blamed.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

rusty is off the scale

forgot to add that i am currently getting high 13 mpgs with the srx cadillac 6 cyl loaner i have.

if i dont use the sport shifter i get just over 15, but wheres the fun in that?

last loaner was a new minivan that got me somewhere around 14.5 or 14.8, hardly green

anyway, point being that at the higher 15mpg, the little thing would only save me 300 gallons of gas/year, which just does not justify all the bull**** fuss and hatred.

people will take any excuse to feel self important
Old 08-23-2006, 01:33 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent a letter

We Love Them! Don't Remove the Hummer Toys from Kid's Meals

Actually, I love the toys, they are really well-made and my two boys love them. I'm actually considering going to McD's today to buy myself a set. Does your promotion really encourage 2 and 4 year olds to purchase Hummers when they get older? I really doubt it. In any event, by the time they reach driving age, they'll have much better vehicles to drive/fly . Just wanted to commend you on a great promotional decision for your company. We've gone to McDonald's much more frequently because of it...kids.... Anyways, here is the form letter from UCSAction.com that I totally disagree with. Hope you have a great day!

"McDonald's decision to peddle the quintessential gas-guzzler, the Hummer, shows a tremendous lack of sensitivity and care for the health and well-being of America's kids.

The Hummer H2, one of the eight models offered as a promotional toy, achieves an estimated 11-14 miles per gallon and costs nearly $100 to fill up at today's gas prices. Like many other large, inefficient vehicles, the H2 emits significantly more smog-forming and global warming pollution than most passenger cars on the road today, placing children, whose respiratory systems are still maturing, at risk for the wide variety of health problems associated with auto pollution.

Targeting the next generation of car buyers with pro-Hummer marketing sends the wrong message--that gas-guzzling in the face of environmental, public health and national security concerns is desirable. This campaign serves only to undermine McDonald's efforts to improve its environmental and public health image, including its laudable decision to reduce the use of antibiotics by its poultry suppliers.

I urge you to pull the Hummer toys from your Happy Meals and Mighty Kids Meals and replace them with promotional items that send the right message to our kids."

Again, I think this form letter and it's contents are ridiculous. Please, continue with the great ideas! Did you know that Hybrid vehicles actually cost our economy more from dust to dust than the Hummer does?

Doc

'03 H2
Old 08-23-2006, 01:47 AM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochummer
I sent a letter

We Love Them! Don't Remove the Hummer Toys from Kid's Meals

Actually, I love the toys, they are really well-made and my two boys love them. I'm actually considering going to McD's today to buy myself a set. Does your promotion really encourage 2 and 4 year olds to purchase Hummers when they get older? I really doubt it. In any event, by the time they reach driving age, they'll have much better vehicles to drive/fly . Just wanted to commend you on a great promotional decision for your company. We've gone to McDonald's much more frequently because of it...kids.... Anyways, here is the form letter from UCSAction.com that I totally disagree with. Hope you have a great day!

"McDonald's decision to peddle the quintessential gas-guzzler, the Hummer, shows a tremendous lack of sensitivity and care for the health and well-being of America's kids.

The Hummer H2, one of the eight models offered as a promotional toy, achieves an estimated 11-14 miles per gallon and costs nearly $100 to fill up at today's gas prices. Like many other large, inefficient vehicles, the H2 emits significantly more smog-forming and global warming pollution than most passenger cars on the road today, placing children, whose respiratory systems are still maturing, at risk for the wide variety of health problems associated with auto pollution.

Targeting the next generation of car buyers with pro-Hummer marketing sends the wrong message--that gas-guzzling in the face of environmental, public health and national security concerns is desirable. This campaign serves only to undermine McDonald's efforts to improve its environmental and public health image, including its laudable decision to reduce the use of antibiotics by its poultry suppliers.

I urge you to pull the Hummer toys from your Happy Meals and Mighty Kids Meals and replace them with promotional items that send the right message to our kids."

Again, I think this form letter and it's contents are ridiculous. Please, continue with the great ideas! Did you know that Hybrid vehicles actually cost our economy more from dust to dust than the Hummer does?

Doc

Very nice Doc!!!