H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 03-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

vlxjim is on a distinguished road
Default Edelbrock Rod Hall XT Shocks?????

I did search.

I’m looking to change the stock shocks on my H2. I have narrowed it down to either the Edelbrock Performer IAS or the Rod Hall XT Shocks. So far I have heard good things about both. I’m not going to use them for rock crawling mostly on road and some light off road and snow use. What I can’t tell is if the XT’s are softer or stiffer than the stock shocks. I been told both Chad Hall said softer and Edelbrock said harder. Although Chad was steering me at the Fox shocks. Which are great shocks, I think there more shock than I need. If you have or know about the XT’s please tell me what you think.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Edelbrock Rod Hall XT Shocks?????

I have the XT's w/external Reservoirs they handle great less towering in turns and lane changes, absorbs the big bumps and keeps the rubber to the pavement on the choppy parts. Offroad awesome.The ride is a bit stiff however it is rare to have performance and comfort to go completely hand in hand. A small sacrifice, but the performance is worth it.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:50 AM
Hummer Professional

Motohead is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the IAS shocks on my Ram... think they might of felt even stiffer than stock.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:10 AM
Hummer Novice

Samco Fab is on a distinguished road

Those Fox shocks for the H2 and the H3 are probably the best off road performance upgrade you could do for your Hummer. You may be right that they are more shock than you need for what you do with your H2.

I dont know the price of the Fox shock kit, but over time under real use, I dont think the Edelebrock shocks are worth it, they will not last. The Fox shocks are a real realbuildable race shock configured for a production mount. Not that you will re valve them yourself, or rebuild them...but you could. That says a lot about the product. Plus they are 2.5" shocks, they have probably twice the oil volume as a 2.0 You can cook a 2.0 shock on a choppy road in no time on a H2.
775-856-4100

samcofabrication.com
rodhallracing.com
Old 03-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

vlxjim is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Edelbrock Rod Hall XT Shocks?????

I- Man,
Thanks for your input.

Samco,
Don't get me wrong I think that most would agree that the Fox shock are the $hit. But I was quoted $380 ea for the Fox and $157 ea for the XT's and right now I'm looking for something better that stock. My worry was that the XT was softer than stock. I sounds as if they are in fact stiffer.

Last edited by vlxjim : 03-03-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a set of the Rod Hall Edelbrock shocks for a while. I drove to Reno and had them installed, then ran thru Mojave and did some serious trails around Phoenix rated 4 and up. I broke one. I went back thru Reno on the way home and they replaced both front shocks. The reservoir needs to be mounted properly or your tire can rub the hose and cause it to leak, or worse, rub the reservoir. (I broke something inside) I only run 35" BFG muds. IMO, the shocks feel soft on the road, but when you're running on a washboard gravel road these things heat up and perform flawlessly. I really liked them for that. I also took them to Moab and decided they were too soft if you were bouncing around on the rocks at slow speed. The rebound rate of the shock isn't really set up for slow rock crawling. I talked with a fellow that works with the Rod Hall Race Team and he told me they're setup to skip off the top of the washboards when you're flying along gravel roads.
I still have them if you'd like them.
The Edelbrock are very specific for fast desert type terrain. If you do that most of the time, you might really like them.

I haven't run the Fox shocks, I'm sure they would be fine.

I've got Rancho 9000's right now.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:44 AM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 Rocks
I had a set of the Rod Hall Edelbrock shocks for a while. I drove to Reno and had them installed, then ran thru Mojave and did some serious trails around Phoenix rated 4 and up. I broke one. I went back thru Reno on the way home and they replaced both front shocks. The reservoir needs to be mounted properly or your tire can rub the hose and cause it to leak, or worse, rub the reservoir. (I broke something inside) I only run 35" BFG muds. IMO, the shocks feel soft on the road, but when you're running on a washboard gravel road these things heat up and perform flawlessly. I really liked them for that. I also took them to Moab and decided they were too soft if you were bouncing around on the rocks at slow speed. The rebound rate of the shock isn't really set up for slow rock crawling. I talked with a fellow that works with the Rod Hall Race Team and he told me they're setup to skip off the top of the washboards when you're flying along gravel roads.
I still have them if you'd like them.
The Edelbrock are very specific for fast desert type terrain. If you do that most of the time, you might really like them.

I haven't run the Fox shocks, I'm sure they would be fine.

I've got Rancho 9000's right now.

Are you looking to sell the fronts( Rod Hall shocks)?