Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 03-24-2007, 04:37 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Great Going Canada....pathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisAJC
Bastardo!

Tyler gives our healthcare two thumbs up.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:56 AM
Hummer Veteran

Andre is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoyle
The irony is that the plant in Canada making materials for the Prius battery has destroyed the surrounding environment, from the article: Toyota gets the metal from a Canadian company whose smelting facility at Sudbury has spewed sulphur dioxide into the air for more than a century.

The car giant buys about 1,000 tons a year from the plant, which is owned by Inco, one of the world's largest nickel-mining companies.

Fumes emerging from the factory are so poisonous that they have destroyed vegetation in the surrounding countryside, turning the once-beautiful landscape into the bare, rocky terrain astronauts might expect to find in outer space.

Here's a full link:
http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/...n_page_id=1770

I work for INCO...thats is sooooo not the case anymore, most of the trees were used in the smelting of nickel back in the old days..they used the trees for the smelting beds...for heat
Old 03-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Hummer Professional

H2bill is on a distinguished road

Give it some time and see what happens. Some years ago California passed a luxury tax on expensive cars and boats etc. People stopped buying them (what the libs wanted). But wait... since no one was buying them, guess who it hurt? All the people that were making a living building them. If those people aren't working, guess who isn't paying taxes? So much for all their projected tax revenues. They ended up repealing the law.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:10 AM
Hummer Professional

Shrek_H2 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
That sucks.

Shrek, I can tell you're pissed!

So tell me, how's the healthcare up there?

Well I havent been sick yet...lol

All the great toys are on my driveway.....
Old 03-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Vendel
Their whole "share the wealth" crap is going to destroy the country, I mean think about it... I went to school, paid attention, worked hard, got very good grades, worked 2 part time jobs to pay for college as I went, I earned 18 engineering certifications is networking, operating systems, security, etc... so that I could better myself, make more money and hey... buy an H2.

Then you've got good old drop-out Joe - decided he didn't feel like going to school, who cares about college - he'll just live off of welfare, after all - its free.

So the Dem's will come along and say hey - you're the one who busted your ass, made something of yourself, give us even more of your money so we can give it to the lazy worthless sh*ts who don't give a damn about themselves or anyone else.

Overall - look at the math:

Say you make $200K, you're paying nearly $70K in taxes...

Joe Average makes $40K, pays like $11K in taxes...

So now the government wants more - but hey, wait a f%king second, you just paid 7 times as much as Joe Average, yet think about it -- your gonna be driving down the same highways, using the same public parks, same services and such, so your one person, he's one person, yet your paying the taxes of 7 average persons, and the government wants MORE!?!?!?

W T F !!!!!!!!!!

So - what will happen if this does go through (their share the wealth crap) people will have ZERO motivation to actually make something of themselves, everyone should just stay home, sit on their couch, watch Jerry Springer and wait for their welfare checks to come in, after all they'll be even bigger then before.

Curt

I won't go on welfare, but that last paragraph is how I'm beginning to feel lately after moving to this POS state called MI. I pay 4% of my pay to this POS state, for what? To support Detroit and their crooked mayor. We pay some of the highest taxes in the country and what do we have...roads that aren't worth a sh*t, but we do have the happiest bums thanks to our extremely liberal "CANADIAN" governor.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:27 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
I won't go on welfare, but that last paragraph is how I'm beginning to feel lately after moving to this POS state called MI. I pay 4% of my pay to this POS state, for what? To support Detroit and their crooked mayor. We pay some of the highest taxes in the country and what do we have...roads that aren't worth a sh*t, but we do have the happiest bums thanks to our extremely liberal "CANADIAN" governor.

It is depressing when you put it in simple terms eh?

Suprisingly enough, I'm still happy the way things are.

My Video Collectionez